Saturday, March 19, 2011

1986 Redux: U.S. bombs falling on Libya and nuclear reactors run amok...

Oh my, an actual new post on this blog that is not copied from another blog where I was talking about how much dust is collecting on this blog and how I probably won't be updating it anytime soon.  Well, no promises that this is the start of a new trend, but I will do my best.  A few minutes ago I posted this on Facebook.  Then I remembered that I had a special place for posts like this.  Welcome to my special place!

My Facebook post...

Pretty much sums up my feelings on this... I also share their feelings that 2011 is looking like a repeat of 1986. No one wants a repeat of 1986. Trust me, young 'uns.


Oh Yeah, America’s In Another War Somewhere (Libya?) - wonkette.com

From Wonkette: ...the last time our “Reaganesque president” ordered U.S. military action against Libya, it was April 14, 1986. And the last time a distant nuke plant started spewing deadly radioactivity all over the place, it was April 26, 1986. WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME NEW DISASTERS, LIKE SPACE ALIEN ATTACKS. Jesus christ, do we have to relive the stupid ’80s forever?

Of course, wonkette.com also pointed out this gem...

No comments: