Friday, May 20, 2011

Heez'a comin' tomorraw?!? Really? The Rapture is on a Saturday? Naw.

Ah, shucks...  I've got nothing to wear.  Great quote from the billboard video: "This is how religion hurts people."

From the Facebook event Post rapture looting
Now I know I shouldn't be mocking people's deeply held spiritual beliefs, but I have a hard time seeing this as really being a deeply held spiritual belief for most sane Christians.

Anyway, unless some words I said back in Assembly of God Sunday School back when I was in elementary school really do get me out of jail, er, hell for free, then I suppose I will be available for a good bit of post rapture looting.

You know, just thinking...  Maybe people should put those "In case of rapture, this car will be unmanned" bumper stickers on their front bumpers?  If the car in front of me swerves suddenly and spiritually out of control, I can probably avoid it.  However, if the car behind me might suddenly not have a driver present in an earthly form to apply the brakes, I would like to know that I am at risk and that I should be prepared to be hit and possibly be killed by some unguided, out of control Jesusmobile!

Anyway...

Tick tock goes the doomsday clock (By Jessica Ravitz, CNN)

From the article:

May 21, 2011, according to loyal listeners of Family Radio, a Christian broadcasting network based in Oakland, California, will mark the Day of Rapture and the start of Judgment Day (which, they say, will last five months). Those who are saved will be taken up to heaven, and those who aren’t will endure unspeakable suffering. Dead bodies will be strewn about as earthquakes ravage the Earth, they say. And come October 21, they’ll tell you, the entire world will be kaput.

It’s the kind of belief that riles up churchgoers who insist no one can know when Judgment Day will come, and the sort that many say does a disservice to Christianity. And it’s the kind of message that delights the types who are planning tongue-in-cheek End of the World parties and are responding to a Facebook invitation to attend a post-rapture looting.


Billboard battle over Judgment Day (CNN)

No comments: